What You Should Know About Picture Windows
Windows are important features of Minnesota homes, and choosing a window type that suits your home from both the inside and outside should be done mindfully. If you're hiring a window replacement contractor to replace your windows, consider picture windows as an option. Picture windows are large, wide, and stationary windows that provide expansive views of the outdoors. Unlike many window types, picture windows don't open and close, but they can be purchased in various designs, colors, and materials.
Characteristics of Picture Windows
- Improved Natural Lighting - Your contractor may recommend installing picture windows if you require additional lighting but don't want to purchase more lighting fixtures. Taking advantage of natural light during the day can improve your mood and sleep, so spending time in front of a picture window benefits your health.
- Energy Efficiency - Picture windows can't be opened or closed, so you don't have to worry about the loss of heat or air conditioning. Additionally, they allow more light and heat to enter your home during cold months, limiting your energy usage.
- Easy and Cheap Maintenance - Because picture windows are immobile, they don't have any moving parts that need to be replaced, and they're easy to clean.
- Picturesque Views - Many homeowners hire a contractor to install picture windows because they provide glimpses of the outdoors without any exposure to the elements. If you take pride in your landscaping and wish to admire it from indoors, picture windows will satisfy this request.
- Lack of Ventilation - Although the stationary design of picture windows is beneficial in several ways, it is also a disadvantage if you want your windows to offer extra ventilation in your home.
If you think that a picture window would suit a particular room in your Minnesota home, contact Superior Windows & Doors, an experienced contractor, for a window installation.